I have been experimenting so if you’ve seen me on your Space without a comment, I was looking around. I have two solutions to finding new blogs that I want to share. One is to add your friends RSS Feed to www.my.live.com. Nice thing about My Live is you can see all your favorite blogs on one page!! I have found that only a few of you do not allow the RSS Feed but I will go through how to be sure it is on. The other is to sign up for Alerts. Both require the blog owner and visitors to set up the access.
1. Go to your Space and click on Customize
2. Click on Modules
3. Show the Visitors Tools – please leave it at the top someplace (mine is under the title and tagline)
4. Save and you are done
1. First owners turn on the RSS Feed:
Go to: Spaces – Options – General
Syndicate this space
Choose whether to syndicate your space.
Syndicate this space
Syndication url will be http://rosebayfl.spaces.live.com/feed.rss
If you syndicate your space, it can be read by news readers and aggregators and people who use Windows Live Alerts can choose to be notified when your space is updated.
2. Go to the Space you want to see updates for
3. Then add the feed to www.my.live.com one of two ways:
a. Click on Add to Live from the Visitors Tools
b. If the Visitors Tools is not showing — Under your sign in on the right top click Tools
- Send a private message
- Subscribe to RSS feed
- Tell a friend
- Add to My MSN
- Add to Live.com
- Add to Messenger
- Sign up for alerts
Click Add to My Live
4. Want to know who updated? Go to www.my.live.com From there you can see the past five blogs, hover over the “more” to get a snap shot of the blog entry or click on the title to go to blog. Of course you can click on the name and go to their Space. As I said, you can see all your favorite Spaces on one page – cool!!!
I’ll be sending private messages to those who have it turned off and ask if they would turn it on. Don’t be afraid to say no, I’ll still get there to read your blogs. 🙂
This way really needs the cooperation of the blog owners by adding the Visitor Tools (instructions above) and I am asking everyone to add this to make life in Spaces much easier.
1. Click on the Alerts button
2. Decide where you want your updates to go – messenger and/or mail
NOTE — If you are the owner click on Alert and be alerted about new comments!!
Ok I know these instructions are cryptic and I would be happy to walk anyone through any of this. Send me an IM firstname.lastname@example.org or email me (same address). I just know we can make this easier…